Training

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Have you already decided what course you need to take for a seaman career?  In this article we will feature Bachelor of Science and Marine Transportation or simply called BSMT.  This is one of the mainstream courses being offered by maritime colleges or nautical schools in the Philippines.

Let's us now take a look on what's in store for you if you take up this maritime course.

Duration of course:

Usually 4 years

What will you learn

Usually this course aims to teach students on the basic and technical aspect of ship navigation, meteorology, ship business, cargo handling, maritime laws and related subjects.  This course also usually offers a one year on the job training of students to various maritime businesses in the local or international shipping industry.

What are the specific subjects

Naturally, as one of college courses sanctioned and recognized by Commission on Higher Education (CHED), the course includes basic subjects of a college level course such as basic English, Social Sciences, history, Trigonometry, Geometry, IT fundamentals and basic Math subjects.  On the side of specializing a marine transportation professional the following are the subjects that should be included in the four year study.

1. Cargo Handling and Stowage of Dangerous and Non-Dangerous Goods
2. Leadership and Management for Maritime Officers
3. Terrestrial Navigation
4. Collision Regulations
5. Celestial Navigation
6. Meteorology and Oceanography
7. Marine Vocabulary and Terms
8. Electronic Navigation
9. Radio Communications
10. Ship Stability and Trim
11. Maritime Pollution and Prevention
12. Maritime Law
13. Marine Power Plant
14. Ship Handling and Maneuvering
15. Merchant Ship Search and Rescue
16. Liquid Cargo Handling

Those are the subjects that you will usually encounter when you enroll in any maritime schools or maritime academies in the Philippines.

Job Opportunities

Finishing this course comes with the privilege to be employed in any of the following career opportunity at sea or  ashore.

1. Ship operator
2. Coast Guard Officer
3. Naval Officers
4. Merchant Deck Officers
5. Operations Managers
6. Maritime Educators
7. Marine Surveyors
8. Ship Managers
9. Port Managers

12 comments:

  1. I believed that working on a ship is one of the best well-paid jobs in the Philippines. So don't hesitate if your dream is to become a seafarer. NSMS is willing to help you to reach your dreams.A leading manning agency in our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Does a girl like me with a 4'5 height would also given a chance to study BSMT? I really want that course but I guess it doesnt fit me with my height 😩

      Delete
    2. Hi. Does a girl like me with 4'5 height would also given a chance to study BSMT? I really want that course but I guess it doesn't fit me with my height 😩

      Delete
  2. I believed that working on a ship is one of the best well-paid jobs in the Philippines. So don't hesitate if your dream is to become a seafarer. NSMS is willing to help you to reach your dreams.A leading manning agency in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a on the sea is cool. That's why I take this course at PNTC Colleges. Looking forward become a professional seaman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had a past hand injury in my hand and its a little deformed but its not a big deal, i want to become a seaman but im afraid that maybe because of this i cant become one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it OK if a gay decided to take a course BSMT? ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a Marine College professor, I found this post very useful for Marine students, keep posting info like this. Kindly let me know how to subscribe for this blog because i need regular marine updates like this from you. Keep touch with my websites marine engineering training colleges in tamilnadu | gp rating academy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone can be of advise to where i can have my training. I just graduated and need my last year to experience on the job training before i get my Bachelor degree. Please kindly notify me. It will be of a great help.
    thanks Raphael

    ReplyDelete
  8. What strand in senior high school should I enroll?in order to have this course?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Article Keep Provide This Kind of Information Shipping Market

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib