One of the most important requirements of being a seaman in the Philippines is having a Seaman's book or SIRB (Seafarer's Identification AND Record Book). This book details everything about a seaman's career experience and training, it is also regarded as seaman's passport but obviously this cannot replace a passport being issued by the government. This particular book is unique only for seafarers.
Information pertaining to name of vessel, official number and place of registry, gross tonnage, rank, date of place of embarkation and disembarkation, signature of master. These are the standard information you will see in a seaman's book or (SIRB).
To be able to secure your own Seman's book, you have to file necessary documents at Maritime Industry Authority (Marina) located at PPL Bldg., 1000 U.N. Ave. cor San Marcelino, Manila, Philippines.
- Transcript of Record (High School TOR for High School Graduates) (College TOR for College Graduates)
- School Diploma (High School Diploma for High School Graduates ) (College Diploma for College Graduates)
- Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) from DECS or CHED
- Birth Certificate from NSO
- NBI Clearance - visa seaman
- 2 pcs Passport size colored picture with white background
- Basic Safety Course Certificate ( SOLAS)
- P550 for 3 day processing or P750 for one day processing.